Applying for an EB-5 investment visa in San Francisco will be a long, costly, and frustrating process. You will have to compile a mountain of documents before you can be approved for a visa, pay several filing fees, and undergo a rigorous screening process before you can seek permanent residence.
Fortunately, our San Francisco EB-5 immigration attorneys can help ease some of the discouraging aspects of the application process. We can tell you exactly which documents USCIS needs to consider your application, ensuring that you get your visa as quickly as possible.
Before you send in your application, make sure the following documents are included:
- Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration. You may either file Form DS-230 (both Part I and Part II) or complete Form DS-260: Online Immigrant Visa Application and Registration.
- Passport. Each member of your family must submit a passport that is valid for 60 days beyond the expiration date printed on your application.
- Two 2x2-inch photographs. These are used on your visa.
- Civil documents. You must include legible photocopies of any relevant legal documents, such as birth certificates and marriage licenses.
- Proof of financial support. You will be responsible for demonstrating to the consular officer that you have substantial means to support yourself during your residence in the U.S.
- Medical Examination Forms. You will be required to provide documentation from an approved medical officer attesting you have been cleared for U.S. residence.
While a complete application will increase your chances of expedited approval, you will still have a long way to go before you may apply for permanent residence. You must still meet with a consular officer, be granted approval for any family members traveling with you, and adhere to all of the necessary regulations surrounding your EB-5 business during your initial stay.
At Jatoi & de Kirby, APC, we can help you and your family can help you transition your EB-5 visa into a green card, allowing you and your family permanent U.S. residence. Call us today at (415) 221-2345 for more information or click the link on this page for a FREE copy of our immigration guide, Investor's Path to a Green Card: How Investing in America Can Put You and Your Family on the Path to Greater Wealth and U.S. Permanent Residency.