A San Francisco Immigration Lawyer Explains The P-1A Visa For Foreign Athletes
Here are some quick facts about this non-immigration visa for athletes:
• A P-1A visa holder may stay in the United States for up to five years without an extension. With extensions, those with P-1A visas can stay in the country for ten years.
• When in the United States on a P-1A visa, you may engage in part-time study.
• P-1A visa holders may compete for awards and prize money.
• Dependents of P-1A visa holders, such as spouses and minor children, can apply to accompany their family member to the United States.
• Dependents may not work during their stay in the United States.
• P-1A visa holders may travel freely throughout the United States and the world.
• While P-1A visa holders may work for different employers or compete in multiple events, each employer must fill out visa documentation.
• Unlike other P-1 visa holders, P-1A via holders are not required to perform as part of a larger group, such as a team.
Any athlete applying for a P-1A visa must provide a number of documents in order to be approved. These documents include: proof that you are an international athlete or belong to an internationally recognized team; evidence of participation in previous international events, especially during the previous season; any awards or honors related to your athletic ability in your sport; any articles or news pieces regarding your participation in the sport; and a contract proving a contract or business arrangement with a United States sports league or entity.
EB-5 Due Diligence Workbook: Ten Critical Steps to An Informed Decision
Vaughan de Kirby's book, EB-5 Due Diligence Workbook: Ten Critical Steps to An Informed Decision was written for EB-5 investors who are selecting a regional center.Learn More +
Complete Guide To The EB-5 Green Card: Critical Knowledge For Investors Who Want To Make The Best Decisions For Themselves And Their Families
If you are seeking permanent residence status in the U.S., request a free copy of Complete Guide To The EB-5 Green Card to learn about the EB-5 visa program.Learn More +